Read at Home Plan
Grade Level Reading Time:
- Pre K Read for 10 mins
- Y5, K-1 Read for 15 mins
- 2-3 Read for 20 mins
- 4-5 Read for 30 mins
- Reading book bags will go home daily
- Clever Link (Myon)
- Respond to Reading
- Reading logs
- Reading graph
- Reflection logs
- Response form for each grade level
Positive Reinforcement/ Recognition
- “Top Readers of the Month”
- Photo on school/ class Blog
- Photo posted outside the classroom
- Lunch with teacher/ principal
Commitment by teachers, students and Parents
- Read at home pledge signed by parents , students and parents
Read at Home Pledge
Oakman Students’ Pledge to
Read to Succeed
Reading is fun and books are cool too.
I will read a book daily to learn something new.
I will learn different words and I will listen in school,
When teachers read stories and share reading rules.
I will practice my skills in every way,
Reading is something I will do everyday.
Reading offers great adventures to me,
Reading will help me be the best I can be.
I will read to Succeed!
I _______________ pledge to read for ____ minutes everyday so that I can succeed.
I _______________ pledge to listen to my son/ daughter read every day.